Most of us are trying to juggle 50+ hours of work, keep our family happy, remember what our spouse looks like, have a social life, and maintain our health. Let’s be honest, who has time to do all of this? It is much easier to spend time with the kids or go out and socialize. But sometimes we need to put ourselves first and squeeze in a quick workout, even if it’s at home. So, we have found the best and most efficient Barre exercises to provide you with exactly that, an efficient workout that can be done in the comfort of your home. All you need is a chair or table top for balance.
Now, bring on the burn!
Relevé Plié (targets thighs, abs, ankles, and feet)
- Begin with your feet slightly turned out, press down into the floor allowing your ankles and knees to hit full extension.
- Make sure your booty is squeezed, hold for a few seconds at the top of the movement then allow your knees to bend and hips to sink straight down. Be sure to keep your core contracted the entire time to maintain perfect balance.
- Try a set of 20 repetitions, but very slowly. You should feel a burn in your entire lower body.
Parallel Plié Pulse (targets glutes, thighs, abs, ankles, and feet)
- Start with your feet together and your hands lightly on the back of a chair or table top.
- Push down into the floor allowing your ankles, knees, and hips to reach extension.
- Now that you are entirely vertical and standing as tall as you possibly can, make sure your core is tight, bend your knees to perform a squat.
- Once you squat as low as possible, come up only half the distance traveled, pause and sink back down into a squat.
- You will repetitively pulse up and down – yes it will burn in the best way possible!
- Enjoy 20 repetitions of pulsing, if you can, don’t let those heels touch the ground.
Teaser Biceps Curl (targets chest, biceps, shoulders, and abs)
- Lay down with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Using 3-5 pound dumbbells, one in each hand, you will execute a sit up.
- Once you have sat as tall as possible then you will curl your arms to 90 degrees. This movement should be slow up and very slow to return to the floor for one repetition.
- If you would like to create a solid core, perform 20 repetitions in a row.
Now that you have an efficient workout to squeeze when you don’t have time to make it to the gym, hop to it! Remember, the slower the movement, the better the burn.